HALL / ROOM HIRE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS YEAR 2013
1. The Hall is licensed to hold up to 199 people. If you expect all your guest to be seated comfortably - no more than 150.
- Provisional reservation of the facility may be made over the telephone but a deposit of £50 must be paid within 7 days of original reservation,
otherwise is cancelled.
- Booking form must be filled in and signed by hirer.
- Full payment/balance must be paid IN FULL no later than 8 weeks prior to the function.
- The hirer must be over 18 years of age at the time of booking.
- For under 18’s a parent or guardian must sign the agreement and thereby accept responsibility.
ALL CHEQUES MUST BE PAYABLE TO: PCM Derby
3. Cancellations will be subject to the following:
- More than eight weeks (full 56 days)notice – no charge
- Less than eight weeks (full 56 days) notice - £ 50
- Less than six weeks (full 42 days)notice – 100% of room hire fee will be charged
- However, if the hall will be rehired after your cancellation the charge will be refunded
- The Polish Club reserve the right to cancel any booking for the reason outside its control without liability.
4. Damage deposit
- The hirer is responsible for the behaviour of all his/hers guests attending the function and any damage however incurred
- A deposit of £100 – in cash ( £150 for 18th – 21st Birthday Parties ) will be required before the function, to cover breakages, damages,
premises not vacated on time, any extra cleaning, etc. and will be returned only after a satisfactory inspection of the facilities
( it may not be directly after the event )
5.. Security staff
For general public parties/functions (concerts, discos and similar) where the entrance fee is charged, the organiser is requested to hire a professional security
staff (doorman) at the cost of hirer
6. The hall is available from 9am until 12 midnight, and earlier access will be granted according to prior arrangements.
7. Hall hire includes furniture; all tables and chairs available within the room.
8.. All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages MUST BE purchased from the Polish Club bar.
9.. For toasts bottles of wine, champagne or sherry might be purchased from the bar
at management discretion only
10. The Bar
- standard opening hours 7:00-12:oo midnight
- Bar opening hours are always dependant on licensing laws
- Last orders are at management discretion (based on numbers), usually 30 min prior to the end of your function (never later than 11:45)
- Own catering arrangements are strictly for food items only.
- Kitchen/catering equipment are not included in the room hire charge. They are available at an extra charge.
- If food is prepared, served or sold, the hirer must ensure that the preparation meet health and hygiene standards.
- Kitchen must be left clean and tidy; (tables, cooker, all pots and crockery washed, floor swept and washed, etc)
12. Polish Club will not be responsible for any items lost, stolen or left by the hirer or guests
13. All functions are to conclude at 12 midnight or at the time arranged at the time of booking.
In the event of premises not being vacated by the stipulated time a charge of up to £50 will be levied.
14. Bands, DJ’s that need more than 15 minutes to pack down must finish earlier allowing for extra time.
Please inform your DJ that all amplifiers must be connected with a noise limiter which is fitted on the stage wall.
15. Cleaning/returning furniture to original order
- The hirer must leave the hall after a function in tidy condition;
- All the furniture must be returned to their original place
- All food waste/rubbish must be cleared from tables, bagged and disposed off, decorations removed, the floor swept etc before departure
- After prior arrangements the cleaning may be carried next day, subject to availability
- In the event that our hall is not cleaned on time or you require our cleaning services, we will deduct £ 20 from the damage deposit to cover the cost.
- Extra charge will apply for excessive spillages, glass breakage, soiling (incl. all floors, toilets, car park and garden)
- Adhesives, tapes, pins, nails or any other items and materials of similar type are strictly not permitted to affix decorations to ceilings and walls.
Please use hooks which are already fitted to the wooden panels.
Candles are to be in holders that allow no wax drips on tables or floors.
The use of any type of confetti (incl. table confetti) and sparklers is not allowed without the managements permission.
17. Noise level
Being located in the residential area, the Club has a strict noise levels regulations.
- We ask that guests must leave in orderly and quiet matter
- When amplified music is in use all speakers must be inside
- The amplifier MUST BE connected to the noise limiter fitted on the stage
- Windows and outside doors must be closed
- ALL MUSIC/AMPLIFIED ACTIVITIES MUST CONCLUDE BY 12 MIDNIGHT !!!
18. All escape routes (fire exits) MUST BE free from obstruction so can be safely used
Fire doors must be closed at all times (except emergency)
19. SAFETY / SECYRITY
We will not allow any performances involving danger to the public, open fire or any unlawful activities to take place.
- We operate a zero tolerance policy to violence, drugs, vandalism and racism
- Persons creating disturbance will be asked to leave immediately or Police will be called.
- CCTV cameras are in operation at all times
- Children are not allowed to purchase any drinks from the bar and they must be supervised at all times
- Young children are allowed to stay in the Function Hall until 9 pm
20. Car Park is available at the side and rear of the Club.
Please park within the marked spaces. Cars left in the car park are at owners’ risk.
21. Our Public Liability insurance cover is not extended to commercial hirers or companies hired by the hirer, who are expected to provide their own insurance
22. Please insure that your guests book taxis in advance as our premises and car park must be vacated and locked up by 12:30 am
All functions are at the discretion of the Polish Club management.
In case of the hirer is in breach of the above agreement,
the Polish Club reserve the right to cancel or terminate any booking
without being liable for breach of contract.
TO CHECK AVAILABILITY CLICK BELOW